Get a message from Pastor Mark each week. Enter your email and click "Go."
La Jolla Lutheran Church
Sunday 9:30 a.m.
Experience the joy of a Bible-based church.
You are essential (like John!)
If John had not written his gospel, we would not have known many of the most beloved events in Jesus' life. Similarly, many of the tasks God calls you to are unique to you. If you don't do them, no one will.
Here are some of the stories we would never have known if John hadn't written his gospel:
* Jesus shows the extravagance of God at the wedding at Cana (John 2)
* Jesus tells Nicodemus about being born again, and John 3:16 (John 3)
* Jesus accepts the woman at the well (John 4)
* Jesus heals a man ill 38 years (John 5)
* Jesus is the bread of life (John 6)
* Rivers of living water flow from believers (John 7)
* Jesus forgives the woman caught in adultery (John 8)
* The blind man who saw Jesus (John 9)
* Jesus is the good shepherd (John 10)
Jesus is the resurrection and the life; raising Lazarus (John 11)
* Washing the disciples feet (John 13)
* Jesus is the true vine (John 15)
* Jesus accepts doubting Thomas (John 20)
And that's just a sample!
Your part in the universe is important. Like John, if you don't do things God has put on your heart, some of them won't get done. Thank you for doing all God has called you to do!
La Jolla Lutheran Church is 14 miles north of downtown San Diego. It is a member of Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ. LCMC has more than 700 congregations in the United States and more than 800 worldwide. To find an LCMC congregation near you, visit http://lcmc.net/memberdirectory.html
The Scripture quotations contained herein are from the New Revised Standard Version Bible (NRSV), copyright, 1989, by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the U.S. A. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
|Get our weekly newsletter and stay up to date.|